E-RESPLAN Intensive Course in Faro
The Intensive Study Programme of the E-RESPLAN project was organized in the premises of the University of Algarve, in Faro (PT), from the 27th to the 31st of March, 2017.
The course was targeted at higher education students selected by the academic institutions participating in the E-RESPLAN project - University of Algarve (PT), University of Maribor (SI), Pablo de Olavide University (ES) and Roma Tre University (IT). It was aimed at applying the concept mapping method adopted by the project to actual educational activities, and at testing the basic Energy-CMap_00 on energy planning produced by project partners.
The outcomes of the workshop will contribute to the adaptation of the basic CMap, together with the learning activities implemented by partners with their own students in their respective countries.
The workshop involved 24 students from different disciplines that were selected by the participating universities. The agenda included 5 mornings of workshop activities, for a total of about 20 hours, plus a presentation of the IBM Smarter Cities Project by Mr. João Vargues from the Municipality of Faro. After a presentation of the project activities and outputs, and an introduction to energy sustainability and the practice of integrated energy planning, students were involved in 4 specific concept mapping exercises, plus a final test in the form of an on-line game.
You can find some pictures of the event here.
The following files are available for download:
- ANNEX 1 - Workshop agenda
- ANNEX 2 - Exercise #1: Mapping your previous knowledge
- ANNEX 3a - Energy-Cmap_00
- ANNEX 3b - Exercise #2: Extending the basic map with your previous knowledge
- ANNEX 4 - Exercise #3: Mapping E-RESPLAN's case studies
- ANNEX 5 - Exercise #4: Mapping a scientific paper
- ANNEX 6 - Final test ranking
- ANNEX 7a - Questionnaire about the organisation of the workshop
- ANNEX 7b - Questionnaire about the concept mapping method
- ANNEX 8 - Workshop group photo
- C2 - Intensive Study Programme for learners - Report